Thursday, March 7, 2013

PeopleCode as Plain Text

Until recently I didn't realize that there is a table storing PeopleCode as plain text in recent PeopleTools versions. Table name is  PSPCMTXT. Find In feature of Application Designer has been troublesome when the scope of the search is broader hence this new table would make the life of developer much easier when searching for text in PeopleCode. I guess this was introduced from PT 8.5 onwards.

One point to note is that when the PeopleCode text is large in size, it is divided into multiple chunks and stored as multiple rows of data in this table.

2 comments:

Alexei Tetenov said...

Hi,
The PSCMTXT table does not seem to be reliable. I have some peoplecode that is viewable in app designer but not as a row in PSCMTXT. This issue seems to be associated with the migration of projects. If you open and save a minor change to the peoplecode that is missing from this table, it seems to show up. Unfortunately I don't want to modify the metadata (the last updated date and user by saving an inconsequential change), so I'm wondering if someone has found a way to resync this table from the PSPCMPROG table...
Thanks,
-Alexei

Peoplesoft Dude said...

Thank you for your feedback Alexei. I will check if I have a similar issue.